Due to continued growth, Glean are looking for an experienced Product Manager to help drive forward our flagship EdTech product offering. As a learning-focussed and inclusive online note taking solution, we are uniquely positioned to define what learning looks like in the post-COVID EdTech landscape. We are therefore looking for an experienced and highly skilled Product Manager to help us realise our growth plan and solidify our place in the emerging EdTech ecosystem. You will also help us achieve our goal of improving learning outcomes for over a million students.
If you are a driven, commercially focused Product Manager, passionate about bringing Products to market, to truly delight the user, and are looking for a fast paced and disruptive organisation at the cusp of huge transformation and growth, this presents an ideal opportunity for you to join our existing Product team.
Your role is to deeply understand student needs and behaviours in order to improve active users of Glean through owning user retention metrics.
Joining a passionate, committed team that has managed the development and launch of our unique note taking solution, Glean, you will report into Glean’s Head of Product, taking leadership of this key element of our Product Strategy - how our flagship product offering meets the needs of, and delights, our users. You will undertake key discovery work and, as this evolves, you will then become a driving force behind the ongoing development of the solution.
You will explore the opportunity space, working closely with your team's Designer, Engineering Tech Lead and Product Owner, to take validated problems through to valuable, viable and feasible solutions. You will ensure that outcomes of delivered work are measured and reported on.
- Work closely with the Head of Product and the Product and Design teams to jointly own and deliver our Product Strategy.
- Develop a deep understanding of student note taking and learning behaviour.
- Improve student 6 week unbounded retention and maintain a healthy PMF score.
- Manage the planning and execution of work throughout the product lifecycle – from strategic planning to tactical activities.
- Own and manage your area of the developing product roadmap, collaborating with other Product Managers, to ensure alignment on the overall Product strategy. You will work closely with Product Owners aligned with engineering squads, as well as wider Design and Engineering teams, to ensure that the solution(s) delivered fulfil the needs of the customers in a timely manner.
- Be part of the stewardship of Glean user and buyer personas.
- Keep key stakeholders involved and informed, championing the product function and evangelising for a healthy product culture.
You will be a passionate, experienced, self-motivated Product Manager, with a track record of driving innovative SaaS solutions to market, preferably with strong experience within the Education Technology market.
You’ll demonstrate solid experience and understanding of software product management, as well as possessing a high level, technical understanding of software development and delivery in an Agile world.
You will also demonstrate:
- A minimum of 5-6 years’ experience of Product Management within a SaaS company. Ideally this will be in the Education Technology market and with SaaS Products.
- Comfort with the expectation that you are responsible for determining what to build and when.
- A track record of validating ideas through discovery for a user facing product.
- Experience of building solutions with the customer in mind, whilst balancing commercial concerns e.g. profitability / revenue.
- Experience of conducting virtual discovery/ research calls with customers, users or prospects.
- Data competency: an ability to use data to report on outcomes but also drive further user discovery.
- A collaborative approach to working with your team e.g. Design, Tech Lead etc
- Competent stakeholder management: Experience of managing a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
- A willingness, and ability to adapt and refine working processes, to best suit your team, and the growth of the company.
Ways of working
Whilst we love having people in the office, we do support UK remote working, hybrid working and office based employees. We do have expectations for all employees to be in a minimum of once a quarter for company events.
Working arrangements would be discussed at interview.