Glean Equal Opportunities Policy
Glean is committed to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in all aspects of employment and opposes all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination on the grounds of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships or any other legally protected characteristic.
It is extremely important to us that our workforce reflects and represents the diversity of the communities around us, and that we provide a working environment in which all individuals feel respected, able to be themselves and give their best.
At the heart of our policy, we seek to treat people in a fair and consistent manner, and with dignity and respect. To this end, we will ensure that this policy is known to all existing and potential members of staff.
As an applicant, you can be assured that Glean will take positive steps to ensure:
- Job descriptions and associated terms and conditions relate to the particular job, define the qualifications, experience and other skills required in the post, and only include those factors which are necessary and justifiable in terms of objective criteria for the satisfactory performance of the job
- On all external job adverts, we include the following statement: “We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships."
- All applicants are treated equally and fairly throughout the recruitment and selection process
And when you join our team, we aim to ensure:
- A fair, transparent, and equal chance in learning and development
- A working environment that is free from discrimination, bullying, harassment, and victimisation and where all concerns and complaints are promptly investigated and dealt with
- A working environment where a person’s identity and culture is welcomed, valued and respected.
Positive about disability
If you have any questions regarding the interview process, or if you need any reasonable adjustments to be made, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Some examples include: changing the timing of interview, giving extra time for practical tests, providing equipment or assistance throughout the process, such as a screen reader or scribe.
If you are interested in viewing job opportunities at Glean, you can visit our careers page for all our current vacancies.
Zero tolerance to bullying or harassment
At Glean we do not tolerate any form of bullying or harassment. Any member of staff that has a complaint or concern relating to discrimination or harassment is encouraged to raise the matter as soon as possible in line with our internal Speak Up policy. Such matters are taken very seriously and are dealt with in line with organisation policy and the Equality Act 2010.
Maintaining and updating this policy
- Monitor the application and effects of this policy;
- Review the policy at a minimum of once per year;
- Review and if necessary improve existing procedures for recruitment, selection, promotion and training;
- Proactively research and keep up-to-date with current legislation and regulatory guidance in order to identify key areas on which Glean should focus to ensure quality outcomes for equality and diversity issues;
- Advise on and coordinate the production, distribution and follow up of good practice guidance to all staff;
- Research and recommend positive action initiatives, so that we can work towards building a diverse workforce; and
- Ensure new procedures support the organisational aims and objectives of developing a culture of equality.
The Equality Opportunities policy is fully supported by the Board and Senior Management Team. This policy was last updated on December 2021.