Customer Success Manager
Join the team and share our mission to empower millions of learners to build useful knowledge.Apply
As a Customer Success Manager at Glean, your goal is to help our customers realize the full value from our note taking solution. You will be responsible for a portfolio of customer accounts who you will proactively support from onboarding to renewal.
You will take a consultative approach to understanding each customer's goals and barriers to success, and work to build long-lasting relationships with key users and stakeholders. By demonstrating how our solution meets their needs, and helping them to overcome challenges, you will ensure that customers become advocates and continue to renew their subscriptions. You will also represent the voice of your customers within the business, passing on their feedback and making sure our product and service continues to meet their needs.
As a member of the Customer Success team, you will work to quarterly targets based around revenue retention. In addition, we encourage collaboration with your teammates and with varied stakeholders around the business in order to continually improve our customer experience.
For the Customer Success Manager role, we would also ideally like to find someone with an interest in copywriting for emails and customer marketing. Whilst this is not essential to the role, we do have a large amount of low-touch customers who we want to do more to engage with through marketing and one-to-many interactions.
- Deliver onboarding activities to guide customers on how to successfully implement our note taking solution.
- Set your customers up for success by correctly managing expectations and taking time to understand their objectives.
- Manage a portfolio of customer accounts at different stages in their Glean journey through timely and impactful communication
- Become a product champion and domain expert on our note taking solutions and higher education.
- Adopt a consultative approach to understand customers needs and educate them on best-practice and how to get the most from our solutions.
- Represent the voice of the customer by capturing feedback and sharing your insights with other areas of the business on what our customers need to be successful.
Customer Growth and Retention
- Manage and monitor customer health to highlight any potential issues, engaging with customers to remove blockers so that they can achieve their goals.
- Identify Glean advocates to continue to develop accounts, so that we can support more students.
- Collaborate with the wider commercial teams including sales and marketing to identify upsell opportunities.
- Network within your accounts to establish relationships with senior stakeholders and ensure they understand the value our solutions deliver in order to support renewal discussions.
- Take ownership of any customer issues & escalations, working cross functionally with other Glean teams to resolve problems and maintain customer satisfaction.
You will be a passionate and self motivated Customer Success Manager or an individual that already has some experience managing customer relationships. We want to find an applicant who has a combination of the following;
- 1-2 years experience in Customer Success Management / Client Service / Account Management / Technical Account Management / Implementation or similar
- Experience of successfully working to financial KPIs, like a sales or retention target
- A consultative approach with a problem solving focus, with emphasis on helping customers meet business outcomes and maximise the value from their investment
- Experience working in higher education and / or SaaS technology would be preferable but is not essential
- An interest in customer marketing and copywriting would be an additional benefit